FAQ page for Residence query

I have booked a room in student residence

You should go to the Studentenwerk Dresden with all your documents, especially with your admission letter to the TU Dresden (Zulassungsbescheid) and about 200‐300 EUR cash for the deposit! (If you have already paid online from your previous country of residence then no need) Card payment (EC cash card or credit) is also possible.

Where is Studentenwerk Dresden?

The Studentenwerk is located in Fritz‐Löffler‐Str. 18 (near the main station and near the main campus of the University “Südvorstadt” – Tram 3 or 8 or Bus 66, stop at Reichenbachstraße) Contact person: Mrs Effner / your specific contact person indicated in the confirmation email (on the ground floor). Opening hours: 9:00‐12:00

Will the documents be in English?

No. Everything is in German. You can find English‐speaking Studentenwerk volunteers around to help you. So do not worry if you are not fluent in German language. ​

Where can I collect my room keys?

You can then go to your hall master (hausmeister) in your residence and collect your keys.​

What if I have opted for private accommodation, not under Studentenwerk Dresden

If you are living in a private accommodation, you will need to sign your contract with your landlord and fulfil the formalities.

Is residents' Registration mandatory in Germany?

Please note that registration is obligatory in Germany. You need to register at the Residents' Registration Office within the first 2 weeks after your arrival in Germany. To register, you have to present your passport, your visa (if applicable) and your rental contract.